March 10, 2008

Bookshelf, for now

Our built-in bookshelf is the one place I can experiment and rearrange things without fear of holes in the wall. It has gone through 5 or 6 iterations, and every time I read a new home magazine, I come up with another way I want to display things. I'm really happy with it right now because I was finally able to come up with a blueprint and order to things (after staring at it every night we've lived here.)
I put all books, color coordinated, on the top shelves since we don't need them on a daily basis. I'm doing all silver picture frames in our house, so I placed those on the top three shelves. Then I looked to correspond objects on the far outside shelves. I really wanted to hang that silver mirror, which was a wedding shower gift from Anthony's sisters, in our dining room, but it was too heavy for our plaster walls. I think I like it there even better.

Someday I'll figure out how to cover up that funny scallop at the top. But for right now, I'm just going to savor in my handiwork.

No comments: