March 20, 2008

Easter

My family is coming to our house for Easter tomorrow. It is the first time I've hosted a family holiday, and it will be a good opportunity to use our china and other pretty things. Plus, I can try out new recipes on my family. Here's what we are having this weekend:

  • M&M chocolate chip cookies (I made those last weekend and froze them)
  • Cranberry Orange Scones from the Barefoot Contessa at Home cookbook
  • My sister-in-law Margaret's egg strata for Easter morning
  • Bean & Barley Soup (my new favorite) for our last Friday Lent no-meat meal, served with a spring green salad with balsamic dressing and green onions

For Easter dinner we are going way traditional with a baked ham, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and rolls. For dessert I'm trying a recipe from Cottage Living. You make mini mocha chocolate cakes, kind of like a souffle, and serve with coffee ice cream

I saw this picture on the bag of Easter M&Ms. Are you kidding me? I'm all for a good presentation, but you couldn't pay me $$ to take the time to separate all of those M&Ms.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Do you remember the food day where we had to bring green food? I picked out all the green and yellow M&Ms for theme-appropriate monster cookies.

MsAmanda said...

but did you fashion them into an elaborate butterfly cake?