January 19, 2010

Mad Hungry Cookbook

This weekend I picked up a new cookbook at the (awesome) bookshop in Anthony's hometown. The ladies who run it always note their staff picks and recommended reads and when I picked this one up, I knew I had to have it.


Mad Hungry by Lucinda Scala Quinn may say it is for feeding hungry men and boys (and trust me it is), but it is also a book for anyone who wants to dish up good hearty foods with simple ingredients. Don't be scared off if you have a houseful of pretty princesses, there's plenty for you in here.

I haven't made anything yet, but I've noted about 20 recipes I want to make ASAP. I require cookbooks that don't laden me down with unnecessary and obscure items. Plus, many of the recipes follow my dinner mantra of: good, hearty main course + simple sides. Oh, and the author is vice president, editorial director of food and entertaining at Martha Stewart Omnimedia!

Photo from here.

No comments: