February 10, 2010

This Week in Yays and Boos, Proper Style

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Cute Bermuda Shorts (picture from here)


When I was in Florida last weekend I picked up a pair of Bermuda shorts at the Gap Outlet. They are perhaps the most flattering pair of shorts I've ever worn (and comfy to boot). I swore off shorts for a good 10 years when none of the styles were flattering for a curvy petite lady. When the longer shorts came back in, I did get a pair for Ann Taylor that are nice dress shorts, but I hadn't found a good go-to pair.

From looking at the tag, they say Spring 2010 (have you ever looked at Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic and J Crew side tags to see when they came out? I'm weird, I always look at that), so my guess is they will be in regular stores this spring.

Fabric covered wall shelves (picture is Martha Stewart via Apartment Therapy)


I just love this idea, plain and simple. And easy to customize to your taste.

Cozy daybed (Picture from Apartment Therapy)

Cozy. That's all I have to say about that.

Lutheran Airlines

Minnesotans, listen up if someone hasn't sent this to you already. We pealed with laughter over when my grandpa played it for me and my mom.

LEMON. ANYTHING LEMON. (Picture from Art.com)
We are freaks for anything lemon in our house, especially in the winter time. Some of my favorite recipes with lemon just lift my spirits!
Avgolemono soup, Chicken scampi, Lemon fusilli pasta, White chicken chili and Grilled lemon chicken skewers.

Booooooooooooooo

Can I just say that sometimes I really hate grocery shopping? Like a lot. I've been home for a few days with a list ready to go, but I can't bring myself to go to the store. And man, I used to love it when I was a kid. I'd head to the store with my mom no problem. If I saw a shirtless Iggy Pop, that might at least make me laugh. (Picture from the Onion)

1 comment:

MsAmanda said...

I will, at some point, get this font stuff figured out. Bear with me.