March 10, 2010

All Kinds of Fun Wedge Pumps

There is something about March that implores me to kick up my outfits a notch. The fact is, I still need to wear boots, tights, wool and a coat, but being on the precipice of spring makes me want more color. Heels not being my forte and since I don't need another pair of boots, I set out looking for a pair of closed toed wedge pumps.

A few weeks ago I saw a woman give a presentation in a green blazer, black pencil skirt and really good looking black leather, low heel wedge pumps. Classy and professional, but with comfy wedge supported heels.

My search brought me to this lovely DKNYC Penelope shoe ($49.99) in eggplant, and while I really wanted them (still do), I wanted something to wear year round. I ended up with the Report Raven wedge $69.90) in red and they are cute! I do have some trouble wearing them with socks (I'm somehow genetically predisposed to having trouble without straps on shoes like this) but, I should be able to wear them sans stockings soon, right?

Some other lovelies I came across in my search, some with really good prices for a fun, kicky shoe. Jessica Simpson Hill ($59.99), Anne Klein Sestina ($75), BCBGeneration Emma (49.99), Miz Mooz Women's Park Avenue Wedge ($94.95), Coconuts Farah ($31.87) and Nine West Iota ($48.92)



2 comments:

beartifix said...

OMG - these are exactly the kind of shoes I want! Thanks for doing the research for me. :)

Jennifer said...

I really like those Jessica Simpson ones. I keep coming back to this post to look at them.