March 4, 2010

Oil Cloth Table and Other Project Ideas

A bout of insomnia had me thinking about little house projects I'd like to tackle in the future. In the next few months we are getting a hutch from my parents, so I'll be able to move all of serving dishes and booze out of the kitchen and into the dining room.

We have a table like this (except it is all wood, not particle board) and I'd like to cover the top with some fun oil cloth for a semi-permanent tablecloth. Table image from here and oil cloth swatches from here and here.


Above it, something like this CB2 wire cube cubbie would be the perfect out of the way place to stash chargers, leashes and dog treats, water bottles, things that need to returned to people or mailed, and other ephemera. But, I wouldn't want to pay $90 for it.

1 comment:

Jillian Frances said...

I have a desk I want to cover with oil cloth too. I've been scoping out this etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/oilclothaddict