March 2, 2010

Seven Good Deals at Marshalls or TJ Maxx

The other day a coworker complimented me on the chevron patterned dress socks I was wearing. It made me think of all the good deals I've scored at Marshalls and TJ Maxx over the years. Here's the top seven things I buy almost exclusively at those types of stores (not counting random clothes and shoes found along the way).

Extracts, reed diffusers (I love the Michel brand, but haven't seen them lately), silver picture frames (seriously, why buy them anywhere else-they are always $4.99 to $7.99), fun socks, tights (last October I scored a pair of footless Hue tights for $2!), ties (so many good DNKY and other brand ties for $10) and umbrellas.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I agree about socks and tights! Some of their kitchen utensils and containers are a good deal too.

MsAmanda said...

So true-I knew I was forgetting something. I've picked up my favorite OXO tongs for $4 and le creuset spatulas for about the same price.