April 1, 2010

Things I Made or Am Going to Be Making

Hello, broken record back again. Not a lot of meals, but things were made.

Last week's new recipes: creamy lemon crumb squares and white bean salad with this dressing. Lemon squares were awesome, though the crumb was a bit dry. I may reduce the amount of flour next time. This is the second time I've made Rose's Vinaigrette and I let the shallot macerate in the acids (step one) for 20 minutes or so, which I think added to the flavor.

Sunday Chicken parmesan, spaghetti, salad and bread. I used this chicken recipe, then topped it with some marinara I had made a few weeks ago and stored in the freezer, then popped it in the oven with fresh mozzarella and more parmesan on top.

Wednesday paninis, avgolemono soup, oven roasted super thin asparagus with s+p, olive oil and a hit of lemon juice at the end, blueberries, Reese's peanut butter eggs.

Baking and other assorted cooking, parties and birthday style

I had a party on Tuesday night and brought rice krispie treats and white bean dip with toasted baguette (NR). Um to the yum, yum, yum. Delightful. Delicious. Delovely.

Friday is my dad's birthday, so I am making a Guiness stout cake with orange chocolate buttercream (NR)(because my dad goes cuckoo for chocolate + orange).

No comments: