June 25, 2010

Food

'Twas a dismal food week round here. I barely cooked last night.

New recipe: one pan pasta with garlic and oil
Baking: I made Danish Puff, a childhood favorite that has always made me weary of trying. Turns out for good reason: I totally overcooked it. Guess I'll have to try again.

I am conducting an experiment right now. We had some blueberries and strawberries on the verge of going bad, plus two Smirnoff Ices leftover from a gathering (and not about to be consumer be either of us). For two days I soaked the cut-up strawberries in juicy lime Smirnoff Ice and now they are in ice trays in the hopes of making booze soaked fruit cubes for some type of drink over the 4th. I'm repeating with the blueberries now.

This weekend calls for some careful study of this archive of brownies and bars. My fav.

No comments: