July 16, 2010

Friday Food

Not much, but some cooking happened round these parts.

On Saturday we celebrated my birthday with family. My sister-in-law Rachel made a chocolate-chocolate cake, plus my brother-in-law Bernard and sister-in-law Maureen made a lettuce salad and coleslaw.

We made:
Rosemary-lemon white bean dip
Magic juice (delicious)
Grilled pork tenderloin
Grilled teriyaki chicken kebabs with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and peppers

Tuesday-homemade pizza, tomato, basil and brown rice (NR), and salad from our garden. I liked the new side dish, but its not something that gets better in the fridge. Its meant to be served at room temperature.

Thursday-Chicken breasts with balsamic and garlic, cooked carrots.

And I don't know what I'm doing for my new baking recipe. I got olives to make this olive focaccia bread, but thus far I haven't found enough time to make it since it requires several rises. Its a Saturday or Sunday kind of recipe for me at least.

No comments: