August 24, 2010

Yellowstone by iPhone

I've been to Yellowstone a few times, but Anthony hadn't been. Old Faithful is a quick drive from Bozeman (4 hours or so round trip). It wasn't until we got there that I remembered I'd been to Old Faithful before. I guess a rising gusher of water isn't quite as memorable as it should be.

I did however, remember the smaller flat geysers and pools. The morning glory pool is a famous one, but we took a different route.


We had a great mini hike up to the observation point. The old Faithful area has grown quite a bit since the last time I was there: new winter lodge, general stores + shops, plus a new visitors center currently under construction.

We stopped in the Old Faithful Inn, which is truly an impressive structure, for a late lunch and ice cream. These aren't my pictures (my phone can't capture the scale of the building), but isn't it pretty?

Photos from here.

No comments: