January 4, 2011

Happy New Year, etc., etc.


We're back from a much needed visit to Florida. Time with family is good for the soul, but I think I'm going to have some trouble adjusting back to the cold and the daily grind.

I'm still thinking about how I want 2011 to be different than 2010. A few of my goals and intentions have been cemented, but it feels like a year to be seized upon. Shake things up, keep trying to be a better me while making changes to propel me forward rather than treading water. 2010 was definitely a treading water kind of year.

Since I only believe in making intentions with long-term sustainability, here are some key ones:

More consistent exercise routine If I totalled the amount of sugar and butter purchased last year, it would dovetail nicely with the increasing tightness of my jeans. Combine sweets with not feeling so awesome about things and add a good heaping of not consistently working out = need a new recipe for working out. Trite as it may sound, it is needed and necessary.

Food I've already outlined my new recipe intention, but I'm also striving to be a better snacker and fill myself with more fuel than empty calories. Cause lord knows, I love treats and snacks. And cheese. Plus, I use food to fill myself up when I feel empty. So, got to fix that one.

There are some house projects (stairs, office, curtains to be sewed) and be a better me projects (being more open to people, keep working on curbing procrastination.) Plus, I've got to figure out a better way to manage keeping the house clean. It is an avalanche that grows every time we go out of town.

Onward and upward, here's to a great 2011.

No comments: