February 11, 2011

Boring Meals: Chicken, Chicken

When I get really busy the first thing to go is cooking. It takes time, which I don't seem to have enough of lately. Knowing I need to better fuel my body and recover from the intense workouts I've been doing means I need to cook, even though:
  • Work is crazy
  • The dog is pawing at me to go out
  • The stacks of stuff around the house are growing
  • The plants need watering, the humidifier needs filling
  • The garbage needs to go out
  • The dust bunnies have taken up residence in every room
  • I owe someone an e-mail and probably a phone call, too
  • I'm exhausted
Ah life. So I cooked and it was boring. Perhaps this weekend's warm weather will inspire me.

Tuesday-Chicken breasts with classic french pan sauce, new potatoes and salad. This was a new recipe and it was really satisfying. I only had boneless chicken breasts, half & half and random mixture of pinot grigio and sauvignon blanc, but it was top-notch.


Thursday-Chicken breasts in lemon butter sauce, garlic chive pasta shells, roasted broccoli. Anthony reminded me how delicious oven roasted broccoli is, so I made it last night.


All I did was rinse and chop up the florets, sprinkle with a small amount of olive oil, fresh pepper and sea salt, then roasted in a 350 oven for 20 minutes or so. Tasty.

Otherwise, I've been playing with calzones. I made some last week and am going to do more tonight, I think. Also, these homemade peanut butter cups are calling me.

No comments: