March 25, 2011

Yays and Food

Whew, busy week. Combining my yays and food into one. So, yay for food!


One of the things we love about my iPhone 4, and now our iPad, is FaceTime. Sadly, not many of our friends and family have the right devices so we can talk to them that way. But, the nice thing is you can use FaceTime with iTouches, too. We have been loving talking to Anthony's sister Colleen's family on our nephew William's iTouch. They just got a puppy a few weeks ago, so we've been able to see Duke as he grows and the funny things he does.

I can't wait until the technology is more widespread, or at least there's some cross-platform opportunities. But, let me tell you: the pictures look nothing like this Apple ad. The angle on the camera is hard to manage without giving the person you are talking to a shot up your nose, or even better, a lovely view of your neck.

BTW, every time we say FaceTime, we say it like Peyton from Rock of Love 2. Here's the SNL spoof.


How awesome is this board game? Found via DesignMom.


Sweet, sweet vacation next week. I'm at the point where I've been so busy lately, I don't think I have any concept of how tightly wound I am. So ready to relax.

One of the place we are hoping to hit is the Coppola Winery. I love the rosso wine, which is a great table red and their Sofia Blanc de Blanc. The review on Yelp called it the Disneyland of wineries with all the new additions they've made in terms of entertainment options. Oh well, I still want to go.


Some food this week, but not much.

Monday-turkey meatloaf with potatoes

On Tuesday, I started this chicken tortilla soup from Pioneer Woman right when the tornado warnings started going. Throw in a 7 p.m. haircut and poor reading skills on my part (didn't read far enough ahead in the recipe to see how long it would take), and this soup wasn't done until 10 p.m. on Tuesday night. So needless to say, we didn't get around to eating it until last night.

Let me say this about chicken tortilla soup recipes. I've tried quite a few and many end up too watery or without enough flavor. Keeping that in mind, I used less water and chicken broth than the recipe called for. I think it was a good move. I also used all of the seasoning and only put in one can of beans. Really good and no need to look for a new recipe.

No comments: