August 24, 2011

Last Night's Dinner

As I keep tiptoeing into cooking more fish, I find there are lots of easy recipes. Last night's main entree was mahi mahi (frozen from Trader Joe's.) It was delicious and not overly fishy at all, which is my main detractor from making fish. Personally, I love the Epicurious app on my phone. Its an easy way to find recipes with specific ingredients and they are always rated.


Last night's dinner was Greek-style mahi-mahi (soooo good), Near East whole grain blend wheat pilaf and this fresh corn salad:

5 ears of corn, shucked

1/2 cup small-diced red onion
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
3 tablespoons good olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin slices
(I added fresh cherry tomatoes from our garden)

In a large pot of boiling water, cook the corn for three minutes. Drain and rinse with cold cold water. When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting as close to the cob as possible. Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Just before serving, toss in the fresh basil.

No comments: