June 7, 2012

Currently Reading

This month's book club pick is a totally departure for me/our club. A crime-based memoir. I haven't started The Devil in Pew Number Seven, but I'm looking forward to it.


When I was searching for the book, I came across this series on CNN about what happened in the book. I didn't read for fear of finding out too much, but it looked interesting.

At the end of this month I'm started a week plus vacation (YAY, YAY, YAY) by meeting up with my high school pals in Hilton Head. A day after I get back, we head up to spend the 4th with Anthony's family. So, I knew I wanted some good summer reading for all this travel + leisure.

After scouring the 2010 and 2011 summer book lists online, I suggested The Year We Left Home and made it our July book club pick.


I'm also planning on loading up my Kindle with These Girls and The Paris Wife.


I finally broke down and ordered The Happiness Project. I couldn't wait the eleventy billion months it was going to take to get the electronic version from the library.


Vacation is always a deeply reflective time for me, so that should a good read when I'm removed from the everyday-ness of my life.

No comments: