November 6, 2012

Flavorful Crockpot Recipes and What I'm Reading

Whew. This fall is flying by.

The leaves are mostly off the trees, save our persistent backyard oak, and my thoughts are turning to Thanksgiving eats and Christmas treats. Feels like we bowled right over sunny afternoons watching my niece and nephews play soccer and went straight for wool sweaters and cools puffs of air on my way to work in the morning.

We've been here, there and everywhere since late August and this week is no exception. One of the things that has gotten us through is really diligent meal planning and a cache of decent crockpot recipes. I've been disappointed so many times over the years by lack of flavor, but these two are aces.

Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Whole Chicken Crockpot Recipe

While the recipe names aren't overly descriptive, both will land you crazy flavorful, fall off the bone meat. I think I served both with rice of some type (This baked brown rice recipe is my hands down favorite.)

Amidst all of the travel, new car buying, running races and generally doing a bunch of different social activities (not complaining), I haven't read much at all. But, I am reading this right now and enjoying it immensely.


Here's the Goodreads description, which I am planning on switching my Shelfari profile to when I have a spare minute or two.

No comments: