February 27, 2008

Shelfari--Social Networking for Bookworms

I am so, so, so excited about Shelfari. My friend Sarah sent me an invitation to join yesterday and I am totally consumed with the idea of sharing reviews and dialogue about books. Basically Shelfari acts like a virtual bookshelf where you can place books you've read, are planning to read or want to talk about. Who'd a thunk it? You can invite friends, view their bookshelves and view their friends' bookshelves.

Information is power and I think this is a fantastic way to share knowledge and fashion your own booklist based on people, not marketing or a blurb on the back of a book. I love the idea of my friend finding a book on my sister-in-law's shelf and connecting with it. Yay for social networking for bookworms! Check out my shelf on the side of my blog.

No comments: