December 9, 2009

Holiday Gift Idea #9

Whether the recipient is a casual baker, serious cook or something in between, there's no shortage of cooking gift ideas.

It wasn't until we got married that I realized just how great it is to have a really good chef's knife and sturdy bakeware. Though I liked to cook and bake before I got married, I never wanted to spend money on the gear. Instead I had hand me downs (nothing wrong with that), thrift store and Marshalls/TJ Maxx finds, and random things I picked up when a recipe warranted it.

For the baker, real vanilla is the perfect gift.

For the cook, beginner or otherwise, quality knives are where its at for my $$.

One of my favorite holiday gifts was this analon, 5 qt oval saute pan. I would have never bought it for myself, but its one of my favorite pieces I own. Excellent for meatballs, soups, bacon and cooking multiple things at once.


Several of the blogs and sites I read have done some good gift guides. Check these out for more ideas:

No comments: