February 26, 2010

What I Made This Week-Not Much!

This was a busy week and I hardly cooked. In fact, I still need to do this week's grocery shopping. Which I guess is technically next week's.

Sunday-homemade chicken noodle soup with stock made from last week's roast chicken, plus the leftover meat. Fruit and carrots.

And...that's it! Here are a few new recipes I'm considering making tonight or this weekend depending on our plans.

Baked potato soup
Broccoli rabe with garlic
Potato kale soup
Slow-Cooker Beer-Braised Pork and Black Bean Soup

Baking
Over the weekend I made another awesome batch of salty browned rice crispies and homemade brownies (NR). Check out my comparison of the two brownie recipes I tried.

On the cooking related tip, I took a knife skills class last night (sorry, too busy chopping veggies and slicing turkey to take a picture). It was taught by a Wustof rep and made me want one of these superslicers.

No comments: