March 12, 2010

What I Made This Week

Work and other things have conspired against me lately and it seems like I've been eating bagels and mouthfuls of girl scout cookies for dinner lately.

Monday-Mini meatloaves, oven roasted new potatoes, salad with blueberries. This meal halves easily and to me is the perfect kind of busy week meal. Since the meatloaves are mini, they only take about 20 minutes or so. I was able to cook two meatloaves (on foil) and potatoes on the same rimmed baking sheet, which felt like a victory to me. Also, longest part of the recipe is shredding the cheese. Easy.

Tuesday-Slow-Cooker Beer-Braised Pork and Black Bean Soup (NR) and toasted rice (NR). I'm putting an official moratorium on bean and pork slow cooker recipes. I guess...in short...I don't like them. With this one, the beer taste was very prominent. I've had some good meals with beer in them, especially at brew pubs, but this was a no.

The rice on the other hand is dynamite.

Baking
As I type this, these peanut butter brownies (NR) are baking in the oven. They were incredibly easy to put together. I made them while playing fetch with Micky.

1 comment:

beartifix said...

The brownies were a hit in the office. Yum! Thanks for sharing!