March 19, 2010

What I Made This Week

Sunday-steak for one, broccoli with shallots and crash hot potatoes.

Monday-parmesan chicken, lemon-pepper fettuccine (NR) and salad. This chicken recipe is one of our all-time favorites. Easy to prep ahead, great with the lemon salad on top. I was looking for an alternative sauce option and thought this would work, but the romano was just too strong. Not a great pasta recipe for us. I won't make again.

Wednesday-Baked potato soup (NR) and salad. This soup was okay if a bit flavorless, I just like the one I make better.

Baking
I cheated a bit and made a cake version of Smitten Kitchen's Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. I made the cupcakes last year for St. Patrick's day. This year I made it as a cake and decreased the amount of Jameson's and Bailey's. People got a bit of a buzz off the cupcakes. It was award winning!

No comments: