July 28, 2010

Vacation Yay, Bathing Suit Yay + House Project Yay

Picked up a much needed mid-season bathing suit replacement from Lands End. Cute basic options that are well made. I opted for a navy polka dot mix and match.


Do it yourself ottoman found via Young House Love. Looks pretty easy, no?


Next month we're setting off on a road trip vacation out West. I can't wait. No ridiculous airline issues, beautiful views from the car and that old pioneer spirit out for everyone to see.

I've always had a lot more trouble imagining the first European explorers traipsing through the backyard of the house I grew up in or at Pike's Peak in MacGregor, but I have no problems envisioning Lewis and Clark or the settlers making their way across the plains and camping out under the protection of a cottonwood. I guess Hollywood has just done a better job depicting the old West. In fact, Last of the Mohicans is the only similar movie set on the East Coast that I can think of right now.

Anyway, we drive through the Badlands in South Dakota on the way.


A few pictures of our cabin, situated on the West Gallatin.

No comments: