December 17, 2010

Food

Ah, only two more weeks of new food in 2010.


Sunday-BBQ meatballs, haricots verts and salad. This recipe from the Pioneer Woman has become one of my favorite comfort foods. Flavorful and filling, the recipe calls for milk and oatmeal and I make them with ground turkey, so all in all, not too bad for you either.

Tuesday-One pan chicken (NR) and salad. This was way tasty and the smell of thyme roasting is enough to get the meekest of eater's salivary glands going. I used chicken breasts instead of a cut up chicken, and for as long as they were in the oven, they were very moist. Anthony's favorite was the roasted carrots.

Wednesday-Lemon fusilli and a cherrywood smoked ham steak.

For my new recipe I made the salted chocolate caramels. Amazing. And I will make again. The only problem I had was that they didn't quite set. I had to put them in the freezer so I could cut them, but I think I know why that happened.

No comments: