February 28, 2011

I Survived the Blue Ribbon Bacon Fest

There was a lot of bacon. And while you can tell yourself, "oh, I'll eat in moderation," its hard to when everything is bacon. More pictures here.


Highlights:
  • Bacon sliders from Jethro's BBQ
  • Cucumber vodka with tonic and splash of cranberry
  • Maytag and bacon spread on crackers
  • Maytag aged white cheddar
  • Eden Farms bacon
  • Fresh brats with Templeton Rye mustard
  • Bacon Explosion sandwich
Lowlights:
  • It was hard to know just where to go and what to get. I needed a map of where food was. For example, couldn't find the bacon chocolate ice cream from Bauders.
  • Bacon eating contest was slow and went on way too long.
  • The way I felt afterwards. All Saturday afternoon and evening I felt like I got hit by a Mack truck filled with salt. My joints ached, my throat was sore, my eyelids felt puffy. I wanted to die. I went to bed at 9:30. On a Saturday night. It was probably that worst food coma/hangover I've ever experienced.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the food coma, but loved reading about the experience!