In addition to vacuuming, doing dishes, cleaning out the fridge and picking up, I also:
- Fixed a picture that has been broken for 1 1/2 years and rehung it
- Did a load of wash that has been stanking up our basement for months
- Threw away shoes that smelled liked the inside of a glue factory
- Crazy glued the battery hatch on our hand drill
- Sharpened knives
- Put random crap in the basement
- Tried to hang a basket in the stairwell to the basement to hold shoes and sunscreen, only to be stymied by a brick wall
- Hit the grocery store, Target, J Crew, Ann Taylor Loft and Forever 21 (what up, retail therapy?)
- Bought a bunch of glazed pots and scouted at Earl May
With any new project comes an insane amount of research. I'm planning on moving some of my herbs over to take advantage of the kick ass sunlight this area gets. Which means planter box on a stand googling.
Top, bottom. Neither of these are quite what I want, I really need to do some antique shop perusing to find what I'm looking for.
I also went on a Real Housewives of NYC bender, watching 4 episodes in succession. I also caught up on Oprah (these final shows have been kind of boring, especially the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts one. Boring. Nobody wants to see Oprah laugh hysterically at things that aren't that funny or revel in inside jokes.) Saturday night we went to see Bridesmaids.
It was just what I needed. It was funny and heartfelt. No thinking, just enjoying. Plus, if you were the person who had a lot of friends get married before you or had a lot of pals with long-terms beaus while you were the single lady, then you will feel this movie. I liked it.