October 21, 2011

Fall Thoughts

It used to be the window of time when winter is ending and spring is barely peeking through the ground that got me down. For the last few years, its been fall. I love fall with its changing colors and yummy foods, but I think the impending doom of winter that spoils my fall fun.

Also, the reality of a calendar change causes me to look back at the year, and wonder what the heck I learned and did over the last few months. And, its a particularly quiet time at my work, which is never good for someone who likes to be busy, busy, busy.


Some things I've been up to lately:
  • Picking the abundance of green tomatoes our garden kept churning out
  • Putting the garden to bed
  • Composting
  • Running a few miles of support for friends during the Des Moines Marathon
  • Getting ready for the Living History Farms Race in November
  • Trying to help poor Micky feel better (hurt paw)
  • Football games
  • Birthday month at the McDonoughs
  • Not getting an opportunity I was hoping would swing my way
  • Being annoyed with my Martha Stewart Living magazine
  • Trying desperately to finish this dumb book I'm reading
  • Thinking about Christmas present ideas
  • Looking for a bright green skirt and brown (cognac) flats
  • Trying to balance living in the moment and formulating a plan for the next few months
  • Shopping for baby boy clothes at GAP for my friend Moe's baby
  • Thinking about future trips
  • Visiting with old friends and family
  • Working on a plan to do some type of soup swap dinner
  • Sitting in the office thinking about what kind of organization I can create
  • Putting off calling contractors to do the bathroom
  • Wanting new ski pants

No comments: