February 27, 2012

Parmesan Chicken with a Twist/Egg Sandwich recipe

Lately I've been relying on standbys rather than finding new recipes or trying ones I've flagged. Two recent tasty things have been a twist on a old favorite and a new way of doing egg sandwiches.

 
This classic Barefoot Contessa recipe for Parmesan chicken is a go-to, especially since you can get the chicken ready ahead of time and leave it in the fridge until you are ready to cook it. The best, best part is the lemon vinaigrette and greens on top.

Last week I switched out the greens for kale and it was delicious. I let the greens and dressing sit for half an hour while preparing the chicken. So, so good.


I am not the egg sandwich maker in our house. Anthony makes the best egg sandwiches, but this super simple recipe was really good. Its basically an egg crepe with cheese wrapped inside. I made mine with medium sharp cheddar and green onions. Really tasty, via Cup of Jo.

No comments: