January 22, 2010

What We Ate This Week

Sunday ? Hmm…not sure. Did I make dinner or eat a bagel? No idea. Wait, I know, we had Chipotle. Mmmm.
Monday Chicken Tortilla Crockpot Soup (NR) and salad. I had such high hopes for this soup and I just did not love it. Neither of us did. Too brothy and just not enough substance. I don’t know how else to explain it.
Wednesday Pork Chops and Rice (otherwise known as the best meal ever), carrots roasted in the oven with salt, pepper and thyme, salad
Thursday Homemade pizza and salad (well, the dough is not homemade, its from Gateway Market)

Baking

Yummy, crazy easy granola (NR). I have been snacking on this at work for breakfast and for my mid-afternoon pick me up. Sure beats a bag of M+Ms or anything else from the vending machine.

Last night I made Better Than Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake (NR), but the jury is still out since I haven't tried a piece. Based on the look of it, using a tube pan like the recipe calls for would have been a better solution than my bundt pan. Ugh, do I have to buy a tube pan? If you do end up making this recipe, my Victorinox paring knife did the trick for the lemon segmenting portion of the recipe.

No comments: