March 7, 2012

Tieks Ballet Flats

For a long time I was of the "I'd rather have more clothes that cost less" than the "I'd rather have fewer clothes that are better quality" mentality.

Once I started spending my own money on clothes in high school, it was more about finding good deals (remember the $3.99 sale shirts at Gap?) and having a lot of clothes to choose from rather than investing in long-term purchases. Turns out, those good deals aren't always so good when they are falling apart after awhile.

Over the last few years, I've made a conscious effort to move toward ruthlessly curating my closet and fixing bad shopping habits. For the last six months or so, my clothing and shopping have moved toward quality and rounding out the things I need, rather than the $6.99 shirt on the Target sales rack that fills no purpose other than a temporary new clothing high. This story from Makeunder My Life sums it up pretty perfectly.

This is a roundabout way to talk about my new ballet flats. I LOVE me some ballet flats and have tended to go the cheap-o Target route or sale rack at DSW. Which works fine for some of the novelty colors and finishes, but my black pair was sad, sad, sad. So I went on an internet quest to find the best flats.


Tieks came up time and time again. Comfy, stylish and high quality. So after a month of consideration (part of my new strategy) and the arrival of my yearly bonus, I pulled the trigger.


No doubt, they are the comfiest flats I've ever worn. Loads of support and made of high quality materials. Super cute packaging (which goes a long way with me). So while the price is equal to about 13 pairs of cheap Target flats, these should last a whole lot longer and I am much happier with my long-term investment.

No comments: